Stable Vitiligo Treatment
Dr Maini Goes to Amman Jordan to Learn Special Technique for the treatment of stable Vitiligo with Recell from World Authority Dr Firas
We at Zenith are determined to bring you the best treatments and procedures from around the world. Dr Maini travelled to Jordan to learn a pioneering new method of using Recell to treat Stable Vitiligo.
The pioneering Recell Treatment works by taking healthy melanocytes (pigment producing cells) as well as other cells and growth factors from a distant site and placing them in locations where the patient has white patches due to the melanocytes having been killed.
Those who are suitable for Recell Vitiligo treatment have:
- Failed conventional topical treatment
- Failed to respond to light therapy or are unable to access this treatment
- Have stable vitiligo that has not changed for 1 year.
How do we treat Stable Vitiligo?
- We remove the depigmented skin using a laser to create a bed for the new cells.
- We take a biopsy of skin, remove the cells and suspend them in solution
- We spray the cells on to the prepared bed.
- Dressings are applied and bandaged in place
- Dressings are removed in 5 days, by which time healing should have taken place
Post treatment there is a course of Light Therapy that gives the Recell treatment maximum chance of success.
Interested? call our Nottingham clinic on 0115 9596 999 Appointments available in London & Nottingham