Mole Removal on Face
Mole removal on face and neck is a complex area that requires careful assessment and considerable experience.
These are the main issues we will discuss:
1) Why is the request for Mole removal on face now? Is there a change in the mole or is it new?
2) Are there any suspicious features that would contraindicate mole removal on face or neck by radiosurgery? We refer to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
3) Does the patient have a cardiac pacemaker? This is a contraindication as they can be affected by radiosurgery, even if performing mole removal on face or neck.
4) How much does the mole bother the patient? If a mole does not bother a patient, we do not recommend mole removal on face or anywhere else!
5) Is the patient distressed by the minimal risk of scarring, if so we do not recommend treatment.
6) Will they have sufficient time before important functions for healing to occur as we are removing a mole on the face.